Technical Product Manager
Founded in 2018, SegmentStream platform is already trusted by many leading brands across the globe such as United Colors of Benetton, New Balance, Nespresso, MyToys, Eventim.
Our mission is to make BI and Artificial Intelligence technologies more accessible for marketing teams to achieve their goals faster without developers and data scientists.
We are fortunate to be VC-backed by one of the world’s leading startup accelerators - Techstars, as well as some biggest names in the B2B SaaS world, including the founders of Pipedrive, Dynamic Yield and other great companies.
We are experts in Data Engineering, Data Science and Digital Marketing, united by a common goal: to make BI and machine learning more accessible to marketing teams around the world. We want to make machine learning and big data available to all marketing teams, even if they don’t have professional developers and data scientists. We are creating our platform so that even a junior analyst could build advanced analytics, custom attribution or ROPO analysis from scratch in a few hours instead of several years.
Our product is used by over 100 customers around the world. We analyse multi-million dollar budgets and process terabytes of data every day. We are proud to be VC-backed by one of the world’s leading startup accelerators - Techstars, as well as some biggest names in the B2B SaaS world, including the founders of Pipedrive, Dynamic Yield, and other great companies.
Our researches on the smart application of the AI for marketing analytics and algorithms for building sophisticated attribution models based on machine learning are published by the top analytical resources in the world. And now we are looking for someone who is lucky enough to manage the technical part of our product, improve our platform and create new integrations with partners in close collaboration with our development team.
In order to evolve our product and scale our business, we’re looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager with technical depth who can navigate complex customer use cases, and understand the core components we need to build in order to unlock them. This is an opportunity to build incredibly highly leveraged products and platforms with a team of experienced software engineers who are deep in the problem space at your side and the strong support of product, engineering and executive leadership at your back.
Your expected responsibilities:
- Managing the development of integrations with key partners such as Google, Yandex, Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, Twitter, Awin, etc. Sometimes you just need to make a technical description, and sometimes you have to call the United States and look for the right person so that we can finally confirm access to the API;
- Increasing the efficiency of the development team through the detailed technical description of the product features and timely elimination of any bottlenecks;
- Improving and maintaining our technical documentation. The documentation should always keep up with the product and reflect all its aspects;
- Technical support of customers asking for help, extracting knowledge from such requests and making sure to prevent similar issues in the future by improving our product;
- Improving product UX and core product metrics. No, you don’t need to be a designer, it is enough to have good taste and common sense;
- Technical support of our Professional Services team and our partners who use our product as the main tool for implementing complex analytical projects. Be ready to join calls with our partners frequently, collect feedback, answer technical questions, analyze and improve;
- Publishing detailed product releases in our blog.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Unique opportunity to build a company defining product from the infrastructure layer up;
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on hard problems;
- The opportunity to grow into managing multiple products across cross-cutting teams over time;
- Significant autonomy to ship an incredibly high impact series of company defining products;
- A deep partnership with a senior engineering team to ship quality products;
- 4+ years of product management or technical project management experience;
- 2+ years of experience working as a software engineer, data engineer or equivalent;
- Strong technical background. You can easily access any external API using Postman or query the database using SQL;
- Understanding how to formalise abstract problems into elegant technical solutions;
- Good experience with prototyping in Figma or similar tools;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English), and strong capability in championing your ideas to fruition.
- Experience in digital marketing analytics or web analytics is a huge bonus;
- Hands-on experience in machine learning is a huge bonus (courses on Coursera do not count);
Get started with SegmentStream
Request a personalized demo with our team or try SegmentStream for free today!