Founded in 2018, SegmentStream platform is already trusted by many leading brands across the globe such as United Colors of Benetton, New Balance, Nespresso, MyToys, Eventim.
Our mission is to make BI and Artificial Intelligence technologies more accessible for marketing teams to achieve their goals faster without developers and data scientists.
We are fortunate to be VC-backed by one of the world’s leading startup accelerators - Techstars, as well as some biggest names in the B2B SaaS world, including the founders of Pipedrive, Dynamic Yield and other great companies.
In order to evolve our product and scale our business, we are looking for a Software Engineer who is able to solve complex business challenges, constantly learn, and share their knowledge with colleagues
What we do
- We develop high-load data pipelines using TypeScript, Go and a variety of data storing and queueing solutions.
- We build a UI on React, backend in Typescript/NestJS or Go
- We believe in using the right tool for the right task.
- We deploy our code several times a day. We love efficiency, cloud solutions, CI / CD, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- We are proud of the code we write, but we are not obsessed with certain methodologies and technologies. We are sure that doing the “right things” is more important than doing “things right”. Nevertheless, we take very seriously the responsibility to our customers for providing reliable infrastructure, which a lot of their important business processes rely on.
You fit us if
- You can turn complex business requirements into a working product that our customers will love.
- You are proud of the code that you write, but at the same time remain pragmatic and self-critical.
- You know when to refactor and when to release.
- You are inspired by the search for elegant solutions for complex technical problems.
- You are focused, motivated, independent and able to complete the job, no matter how difficult the task.
- You’re empathetic, patient and happy to help your teammates grow.
- You perfectly know the best design patterns and effectively apply them.
- You are serious about testing, understand the value of logging, monitoring, profiling and error tracking.
Examples of future challenges
- Create highly-available data pipelines with unlimited scalability.
- Work with scalable and fault-tolerant event-driven microservice architecture.
- Parallel processing of terabytes of data in conditions of strict RAM restrictions.
- Managing mutable shared state for various SQL and NoSQL database platforms with low-latency requirements.
- You can write both server and client code in TypeScript using the latest features and API.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience in development or having cool open source projects on GitHub.
- Proven ability to write code that solves real problems.
- You understand all the complexities of writing large single-page applications.
- Familiar with best practices of deployment and testing code in the production environment.
- In your work, you demonstrate the use of architectural patterns for building scalable web applications.
- You value teamwork and agree with the statement that “a team is a group of people who are responsible for each other’s decisions.”
- You speak and write fluently in English without mistakes
Get started with SegmentStream
Request a personalized demo with our team or try SegmentStream for free today!