Senior Software Engineer
SegmentStream is a fast-growing B2B SaaS company developing cutting-edge marketing technology that is changing how leading businesses analyse and optimise the performance of their online marketing campaigns in the cookie-less world.
Our product — is a Conversion Modelling Platform that provides advanced marketing teams with a next-generation solution to replace outdated multi-touch attribution & marketing mix modelling tools that are no longer suitable for today’s complex customer journeys.
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in London, UK, SegmentStream is now trusted by many leading customers across the globe and is fortunate to be VC-backed by one of the best investors in the industry — Fort Ross Ventures, one of the world’s leading startup accelerators — TechStars, as well as some biggest names in the B2B SaaS world, including the founders of Pipedrive, Dynamic Yield, and other great companies.
SegmentStream is proud to be an official Google Cloud & Google Marketing Platform partner, as well as a member of the Facebook Business Accelerator.
In order to evolve our product, we are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who enjoys solving complex challenges and wants to be a part of our core product team, building a next-generation marketing measurement SaaS platform.
What we do:
- We develop high-load data pipelines using TypeScript, Node.js and a variety of data storing and queueing solutions;
- We build a UI on React;
- We believe in using the right tool for the right task;
- We deploy our code several times a day. We love efficiency, cloud solutions, CI / CD, Kubernetes and Terraform;
- We are proud of the code we write, but we are not obsessed with certain methodologies and technologies. We are sure that doing the “right things” is more important than doing “things right”. Nevertheless, we take very seriously the responsibility to our customers for providing reliable infrastructure, which a lot of their important business processes rely on;
Examples of future challenges:
- Create a scalable and fault-tolerant microservice architecture;
- Parallel processing of terabytes of data in conditions of strict RAM restrictions;
- Create highly-available data pipelines with unlimited scalability;
- Managing mutable shared state for various SQL and NoSQL database platforms with low-latency requirements;
- Implement a smart sharding of queues, databases, and services in case standard balancing is not possible;
- Reduce the cost of the cloud infrastructure while maintaining the same development speed;
You will fit this role well if:
- You can turn business requirements into a working product;
- You have a rich background in development using TypeScript/Node.js, and, perhaps some experience with Go;
- Experienced with GCP, AWS, or Azure (we use GCP), as well as Kubernetes or Terraform;
- Have strong theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the design and implementation of highly-available, highly-load, fault-tolerant distributed systems;
- Experienced in implementing scalable data processing pipelines and events, preferably using streaming technologies;
- Familiar with the basics of machine learning;
- You think you’ll enjoy working in a small distributed startup team;
- Can communicate in English without much difficulty (B2 level or above);
- Interested in building a global SaaS product within the marketing technology space;
- Love what you do, and feel enthusiastic when dealing with various engineering challenges and complex problems;
- Unique and high-quality SaaS product that solves a massive problem for a huge market;
- VC-backed by top investors & angels, including TechStars, founders of Pipedrive, Dynamic Yield, and other great SaaS entrepreneurs;
- Fast-growing, fully distributed, and international team of smart people who not only love what they do but are also really good at it;
- A great company culture that embraces functional ownership, entrepreneurial mindset, and personal growth;
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of our results-driven working environment;
- Competitive salary plus attractive stock compensation package;
- A lot of opportunities for future career growth within the company;
Get started with SegmentStream
Learn about Conversion Modelling and why it is a true next-generation solution to outdated marketing attribution and conversion tracking tools.